Thanks for signing up with Naples Compost. Our owner, Hannah, will email you a confirmation and pick-up day schedule within 2 business days. IMPORTANT: Please check your spam folder for our emails. If you don’t hear from her, feel free to reach out at (727) 248-0503 or at email@example.com.
If you found this page by mistake and want to sign up for services, you can do that by clicking here.
What happens now that I’ve signed up with Naples Compost?
Hannah will email you your pick-up day schedule ASAP.
If you have signed up for the bin exchange program at Conscious Space in Fort Myers, your welcome kit is already at the store waiting for you. Head into the shop to pick it up during regular business hours (check current hours here).
Within a week of signing up for our curbside program, your pick-up person will drop off a welcome kit for you. This includes a 1.3 gallon countertop compost bin, a 5 gallon bucket and one compostable bag to line your 5 gallon bucket.
If you have some food waste that you already want us to take away, simply leave it in a container or paper/ plastic bag on your doorstep.
This is how our service works:
- Use the 1.3 gallon compost bin on your countertop. We keep ours close to our knives and use it for food prep waste.
- When your 1.3 gallon compost bin is full, simply empty it into your 5 gallon bin lined with a compostable bag.
- Leave your full 5 gallon bin on your doorstep on pickup day, and one of our drivers will pick up it and replace it with a clean 5 gallon bin.
- If you are a bin exchange customer, take your full bucket to Conscious Space during regular business hours and exchange it for a clean one.
- Four times a year you will receive a full 5 gallon bucket of finished compost!
What can I compost?
All food can be composted with us. You can even compost meat, dairy, bones, and oil with Naples Compost.
Additionally, we can compost all compostable bio-plastics, bamboo, chop sticks, hair, and more. Get the full list here.
What kind of compostable products are best for household use?
There are so many cool compostable products on the market these days. You can check out our favorites here:
Do I need to line my countertop bin with a compostable bag?
That is entirely up to you. We provide one large compostable bag to line your 5 gallon bin because it makes our job easier and keeps our bins clean.
If you want to line your countertop bin, you can! Personally we don’t line ours in our house because we find that it is simple to clean in the dishwasher.
However, if you want to line your bin you can find compostable bags on Amazon and even Target! Our personal favorite brand of bags is BioBags. We love this company because it is out of Dunedin, FL and the bags hold up very well. We rarely have issues with breakage, plus they break down easily in our compost center. You can buy BioBags here.
What else do I need to know about composting with Naples Compost?
We have a bunch of tips and tricks to help you get started. We have a blog full of eco-friendly tips that you can find here.
Here are some of our favorite posts:
- How to Keep Your Countertop Bin from Smelling Stinky
- How to Make Fermented Banana Water
- 13 Ways to Keep Banana Peals Out of a Landfill
- How to Use Crushed Eggshells in Your Garden
Print out this sticker sheet to keep stickers out of our finished compost:
Follow Naples Compost on Social Media
Help us spread the word!
Tell everyone you know that you are composting with us! If you see compostable products at your favorite restaurant or cafe, ask them if they are composting with us.
Get your friends involved too. The more people that compost, the better we can serve our community. Food doesn’t belong in a landfill, it belongs in the land. Help us to create healthy soil, not methane gas.